Stunning Live/Work Loft with Separate Studio
Designed by pioneer live/work architect Tom Dolan, this 4-unit loft community exemplifies true live/work adaptability. Loft #4 functions as a “loft duplex” being two separate units: the upper unit functions as a dramatic residence and the lower unit as a creative studio/workshop with its own separate entrance, full bath and kitchen area.
The main loft, approximately 1,500sf, has dramatic architectural elements like cathedral ceilings, exposed beams & trusses, skylights, walls of windows, bamboo flooring and massive windows. In 2015, it underwent a major transformation with showstopper features like the custom fabricated steel staircase, Sub-Zero kitchen, lavish master bathroom with walk-in shower and built-in floor to ceiling bookshelves.
The lower unit, approximately 900sf, also underwent a complete renovation with a full bathroom, kitchenette, custom built-ins, washer/dryer and refinished concrete flooring. It has a separate entrance and adjoins the main residence. There are two parking spaces and a sunny common courtyard garden.
Loft renovation includes:
- Added custom built in entertainment and shelving system in living room with new gas fireplace insert and surround
- Floating fabricated steel stairs
- Full kitchen remodel with copper colored matte finish granite slab island, Caesarstone countertops, custom cabinetry, Sub-Zero refrigerator and beverage center, Wolf cooktop, hood & oven and Miele microwave & dishwasher
- Hand crafted light fixtures throughout from Berkeley Lighting Co
- Master bath with tiled walk in shower
- California Closet system
- Refinished bamboo and pine flooring
Studio renovation includes:
- Built in desks and shelving
- Electrolux stackable washer dryer
- New kitchenette with 2 burner gas cooktop & counter height fridge
- New bathroom with walk in shower
- Polished concrete floors
South Prescott is a quiet West Oakland neighborhood bookended by a lovely park. It is truly an artist’s enclave due in part to renowned artist and longtime resident Bruce Beasley whose Sculpture Garden and studio are located. West Oakland BART is a 4-minute walk and San Francisco’s Embarcadero station is just a 7-minute BART ride away. In addition, this unit boasts two designated parking spaces!
- Gated Community
- Stainless Steel Appliances
- Quiet and Private
- Hardwood Floors
- Frameless Glass Showers
- High Ceilings
- Large Kitchen
- Open Floor Plan
- Oversized Windows